Other Programs

Three-Two Program

Qualified students may obtain both a Connecticut College baccalaureate degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or applied science from Washington University in St. Louis after five years’ work – three at Connecticut College and then two at Washington University. During the three years at Connecticut College a student is expected to earn three­ quarters of the credits required to earn a degree from Connecticut College and to complete all General Education requirements. A student should have a grade point average of 3.0 and a strong record in mathematics and science to apply for admission to the program.

The Connecticut College degree is not awarded until the engineering or applied science program is completed, normally five years after admission to Connecticut College. However, students are warned that credits for engineering and other technical courses taken may not count toward the requirements of the major or minor at Connecticut College.

Admission to the program does not assure financial aid.

For further details contact Mohamed Diagne, professor of physics.

Environmental Engineering Studies Major

Environmental Engineering Studies is an interdisciplinary major that requires three years of study at Connecticut College and one year of study away coursework at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI). The study away portion of the work at WPI is conducted during the junior year. Students apply to study away at WPI during the first semester of their sophomore year.

The major consists of a minimum of seventeen regular courses. Required courses for the major taught at Connecticut College may also be completed at the United States Coast Guard Academy or during the study away semesters at WPI. During the study away year at WPI, students will complete the Interactive Qualifying Project (IQP) required for the B.S. degree at WPI.

After completing the major and receiving a B.A. in Environmental Engineering Studies from Connecticut College, students are strongly encouraged to transfer to WPI for one additional year of study, to pursue a B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering.

Single-Course Exchange Program

When approved by the appropriate official at the participating institution, full-time undergraduate students at Connecticut College may enroll in a single-course exchange program at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, Trinity College or Wesleyan University.

Additional information about the Single-Course Exchange Program is available here: